The Town of Fuquay-Varina’s Fire Department seeks qualified applicants for a full-time Firefighter. Position will respond to emergency and non-emergency fire, EMS, rescue, and other requests for service, assist in the suppression of fire, perform routine maintenance on trucks and equipment, and participate in training programs. The position will work a 24 hour rotating shift.
Minimum Requirements (At Time of Employment) – Copies MUST be included in Application Packet
- • High school diploma or equivalency
- • Ability to perform tasks that may involve the exertion of up to 100 lbs. in force
- • Valid NC (or state of residence) Driver’s License (Class “B” must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- • 7-year driving record from each state of residence
- • NC Fire Fighter Certification (or ability to obtain by reciprocity)
- • NC Hazardous Material Responder Certification (or ability to obtain by reciprocity)
- • ICS 700, 800, 100, 200 (meeting objectives of NFPA 1561)
- • Bloodborne Pathogens Training meeting objectives of NFPA 1581 within the last 12 months
- • NC OEMS EMT-Basic (or ability to obtain by reciprocity)
How to Apply
- • A completed Town of Fuquay-Varina employment application and all documentation MUST be received in the Human Resource Office by the posted deadline.
- • Resumes may be submitted in addition to but not in lieu of a completed application packet.
- • Applications that do not include required documentation will not be considered (Unless letter is submitted with application explaining anticipated date of completion of documentation before starting date).
- • Applications can be faxed, mailed or hand-delivered to:
Town of Fuquay-Varina Human Resource Department
401 Old Honeycutt Rd.
Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
Fax: (919) 552-7481
Hiring Rate: $38,677 Anticipated Starting Date: Monday August 13, 2018
Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Monday June 25, 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer