SALARY GRADE 88 SALARY RANGE $31,420 – 47,130
The Fire Department is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as a full-time Fire Fighter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Emergency Response; Fire Suppression and Rescue, including entry, ventilation, salvage work, containment of hazardous materials;
- Fire clean up and overhaul;
- Operation of fire apparatus;
- Maintenance of fire apparatus, equipment, station, and grounds;
- Participation in continuing training and instruction program through individual study of technical materials and attendance at scheduled training drills, classes, and meetings;
- Ability to wear all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment);
- Ability to handle stressful situations;
- Participation in Community Risk Reduction programs
- Flexible availability for rotating shifts; (48/96)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required;
- North Carolina Firefighter Level II Certification (IFSAC) required;
- North Carolina EMT-Basic License required;
- North Carolina Hazardous Materials Level I certification (IFSAC) required;
- North Carolina Emergency Vehicle Driver certification required;
- North Carolina Technical Rescuer: General certification (IFSAC) required;
- North Carolina Driver/Operator Pump and Aerial certified (IFSAC) preferred;
- Child Passenger Safety Seat Technician certification preferred or must be obtained within one year from date of hire;
- Infection Control preferred or must be obtained within one year of hire date;
- North Carolina Class B Driver License Required. Must have an Acceptable driving record;
Successful completion of a physical examination including drug and alcohol screening, criminal background check, and driving record are required as a condition of employment.
Position Open: April 9, 2018
Position Close: April 23, 2018
This Agency Seeks Diversity in the Workplace.
The Town of Spring Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.